- To report directly to the Commercial Director and Managing Director on all
matters relating to the commercial aspects of the project.
- To take full responsibility for the commercial aspect of the projects.
- To work to the agreed build program and financial parameters set by the company for all projects.
Reports to Managing Director, Commercial Director
HOURS OF WORK
HYBRID/FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS
|Managing Director, Commercial Director, Senior Contracts Manager and Surveying department
|Sub-contractors, suppliers, Clients, H&S Executive, members of the public
The following list of duties and responsibilities is intended to reflect the principal elements of the Commercial Managers role only and is therefore not exhaustive:
To have read, understood and comply with Company Policies and Procedures at all
- price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project.
- Aid and assist the estimating department in preparing tender documents, budgets and bills of quantities
- track changes to the design and/or construction work and agree costs with client.
- procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project.
- measure and value the work done on site and submit application for payments.
- pay subcontractors.
- liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers.
- select and/or source construction materials.
- Prepare and present monthly CVR reports to Commercial Director
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
Skills knowledge and aptitude
- Communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel and specialist software
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Ability to liaise with internal and external personnel Meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic Flexible
- Attention to detail
- Able to embrace training
Qualifications and training – essential
- 3-4 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent knowledge of Joinery Works
- Be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
Qualifications and training – desirable
- CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
- Membership of a construction related professional body e.g.RICS/CIOB
- At least 5 years’ experience in a QS and Mangement role
- Experience of different forms of Contracts
Construction/Joinery experience and site experience preferable